Thursday, August 19, 2010

Halfway Cookie Madness


Just when I think I've tried every cookie recipe out there, the universe turns up one I've never seen before. How is this possible? I don't know, but I like it. This time it was Halfway Cookies that I came across on Cookie Madness. They have a brown sugar merengue topping that I just HAD to try. Immediately. And, wow, it was tasty.

She's got a few different versions of the recipe on her blog. I went with this one, which has more butter in the crust. There was almost too much butter flavor for me, so I think that the next time I make these (and I'm sure there will be a next time) I'll go with the less butter version.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Emily,

Thanks for trying them! Now I am really anxious to hear your opinion on how the half-the-butter version stacks up. I liked the buttery flavor of the second one, but the first one was kind of nice in that the base was less rich and made a better contrast with the chocolate and light meringue. But I liked them both.