Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Toddler Purse


For the first time in my life I made myself a pair of cutoff shorts out of an old pair of capris. My husband absolutely hates them, but that just makes wearing them all the more fun sometimes, right? Well, with one of the remaining legs I decided to make Abby a purse. Super easy, all of the materials (handle, felt for flowers, buttons) were already in my stash. Making something with supplies on hand gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. Like I'm actually using some creativity and resoursefulness. That isn't really a word, is it?

Anyway, back to the purse. I traced a cookie cutter to get the flower shape right and used a button that came with a shirt that is long gone. I made the handle too long, I've decided, so if I ever make another purse out of the other leg I'd use probably about half as much webbing.

No comments: