Thursday, April 8, 2010

Billie's Mud Pie Cookies


Are you familiar with MixingBowl.com? I'm not, but someone gave me a copy of the magazine a couple of months ago and I LOVE it! I've made several of the recipes, both sweet and savory, with good results.

Today Abby and I decided to make Billie's Mud Pie Cookies. We used the recipe in the magazine, but I found the recipe on the MixingBowl site too, and they're basically the same. I did make a few changes though. I used a handful of chocolate chips instead of nuts and I added a little bit of instant coffee powder to half the dough because I really like the coffee/chocolate combo and I wanted to compare the results. Really liked what the coffee adds. Oh, and I used Scharffen Berger cocoa powder.

Go make these. They're a good chocolate cookie with great texture and they're not overly sweet.

No comments: