Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Flowers


For Mother's Day I wanted to find a craft that Abby could do for some of the important mothers in our lives. Flowers are an easy choice. But there are so many options on how to make them that I had trouble choosing a tutorial on the internet. So I didn't. I made up my own project and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Abby loves to paint so I had her paint a masterpiece on cardstock. After it dried I cut several flowers out of it. Oh, and also the round flower centers. I was worried about the flowers falling off of the pipe cleaner stems so instead of just gluing the pipe cleaner to the back I poked a hole in the center of the flower and stuck about a half inch of the pipe cleaner through it (from the back). I then bent it flat against the flower and Abby and I glued the flower center over it. I made little bouquets by tying a few flowers together with ribbon I had on hand. So now Abby has something to hand out to the mothers we will see at brunch on Sunday. Hmmm...I hope none of them read this blog or the surprise will be ruined. Oh well, I'll take that chance because I really want to share this craft today. This is a great Mother's Day craft and can be done at the last minute (like now).

No comments: