Monday, May 18, 2009
The Shocking Conclusion
The results are in! I did it! I was able to successfully alter the mama shirt into a toddler skirt. I decided to leave it long because that way it would be more like a princess ballgown, as requested by her highness. I, personally, think it looks more like a badass hippie skirt, but whatever makes her happy. It already had some elastic in the back and the ties were just perfect so I ended up taking it in a bit at the side seam. Very basic, but I've never done anything like this before so I really didn't know what I was doing. And OK, I admit it. I screwed up the seam the first time and had to redo it. But now it looks just lovely and Abby likes to wear it and I am very glad.
Here's a picture of the princess doing a proper curtsy: