Friday, August 27, 2010
Let's Make a Memory Game!
Abby's favorite twins recently had a birthday. For one of their shared presents Abby and I decided to make them a personalized memory game. It was so easy and turned out so cute. I see various personalized memory games occasionally around the interwebs and decided to try it out myself. Most of the versions I looked at involved chipboard squares or leftover cardboard and spray adhesive. I went the lazy way and used craft foam that had one side that was peel and stick (found in the kids craft section of the craft store). And I couldn't be happier with the results!
Here's how to do it my way:
1. Buy 2 pieces of 8.5x11 craft foam that has pattern or glitter or a pretty color on one side and peel and stick adhesive on the other.
2. Use your favorite picture editor (mine is Picasa) to pick out 9 different pictures (mine are of the kids all playing together).
3. Print them, wallet size, on a piece of regular printer paper (2 copies because each picture needs a match).
4. Peel the backing off of the foam page and stick the picture page to it.
5. Carefully cut each picture out.
Add a title card and maybe some directions and tie it all up with a cute ribbon and you are good to go!