Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Lone Survivor


I did a little entertaining this week and needed something sweet. I'm tired of making the usual cookies and brownies lately, so I was pretty excited when I came across this recipe. It was pretty easy to make and was well received. I think it tasted like a Whatchamacallit candy bar (remember those?). The one problem I found was figuring out at what temperature it was meant to be served. When I served it cold the marshmallows were too hard, but when I let it come to room temperature the top layer got too soft. I think next time I might try using something like marshmallow fluff for the marshmallow layer. If anyone tries it and has good results let me know.

The recipe can be found here at Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so good!!!!

Anonymous said...

These were fantastic! I ate too many. Amber