Friday, April 10, 2009

More Marshmallows on a Stick!



I'm really having fun putting things on a stick lately. It is just so easy and so cute. And so portable. (The practical side of me must always make an appearance.)

This time it was favors for an Easter party I helped with and I am again very happy with the results. I stuck with the King Arthur Flour recipe. I highly recommend it, especially if you've never made marshmallows before because the accompanying blog post gives great step by step instructions (with pictures!). It helps you feel like you know what you're doing. Even if you don't.

Something I learned this time around is to not get impatient. We tried to start cutting out shapes with the cookie cutters too soon and so the first ones did not have nice clean edges. And they were a huge pain in the ass too.

So go make some marshmallows! But give yourself plenty of time, so you're not rushing at cutting time and making a big mess.

No comments: